Horse Trek bookings
Our normal horse rides are every Saturday, Sunday, School Holiday and Public Holiday (except Christmas day). You must arrive no later than 20 minutes before the scheduled leaving time.
Usual times are:
- Evening glow worm rides (summer months)
During summer months we offer a Saturday evening glow-worm ride depending on guide availability and customer demand. We ride out about 45 minutes before sunset.
We can usually offer horse rides on other days with as little as 24 hours’ notice depending on guide availability. We welcome school groups, team building and private groups. See the pricing page for details.
Bookings are ESSENTIAL
Our bookings for the weekend start filling up from Wednesday and the closer we get to the weekend the fuller our rides are, however we sometimes still have a few places left as late as on the day of the ride. We need to know exactly how many people you want to book for since we have a limited number of horses and unfortunately can’t create new ones on the day.
If you have less people coming then please let us know straight away, there is a chance that other people are waiting to take your place.
- A parent or responsible adult must accompany and be responsible for children 12 years and younger on horse treks. Children must be able to manage on their own horse.
- Lead ponies are for parents to lead young children around and do not go on the trek. One lead pony is sufficient for several children taking turns.
- There is a weight limit of 100kg per person to avoid undue strain on our horses.
- Children must ride their own horse - for safety reasons parents may NOT ride with a child (or baby) on one horse.
- For short notice bookings - please PHONE or TEXT!
- Hikers welcome (no charge of course)! Treks travel about 4-5 km per hour and the hills make a great cardio workout!
Thunder, lightning, hail and heavy rain don’t wash us out very often but are not pleasant to ride in when they do. If the weather looks really dodgy we will phone you as early in the day as possible. We don’t mind riding in light showers but you may choose not to! If you have pre-paid then we can offer to move your booking to another day, or provide a refund.
This is a working farm and we are out most of the day (we milk cows too). We do have a cell phone which we carry all the time. However sometimes on the farm we are out of reception range or have our hands too full to pick up your call.
Please leave a message on our answer service which we check regularly and we will call back as soon as possible. It helps if you speak clearly leaving your day and evening contact phone numbers as well as your name and some details of what you would like.
We check and reply to emails daily. If you email to request a booking please ensure that you receive a confirmation of your booking request. It is important to include your contact phone number in your email. If it is short notice then it is usually best to phone us. To save you having to ask too many questions, we put as much information on the web site as we possibly can.